Those were rats that you reblogged. Baby rats, not mice. :3 They're both adorable, but baby ratties are way bigger than baby meeces.
Ohhh okay. Thanks for letting me know~
What are some charities other than Autism Speaks my family can donate to?
Specifically autistic charities and organizations?
1. Here’s some red flags to look out for when choosing an autistic charity/organization to donate to.
2. “If your interests are academic or you wish to integrate research and practice directly, consider supporting or joining research efforts through the Academic Autistic Spectrum Partnership in Research and Education, the Institute on Disability at the University of New Hampshire, the Disability Cultural Center at Syracuse University, the Institute on Communication and Inclusion at Syracuse University, the Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University, the Center on Human Policy, Law, and Disability Studies at Syracuse University, the Institute for Community Inclusion at the University of Massachusetts Boston, the Society for Disability Studies, the Harvard Law School Project on Disability, the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth, or even Georgetown’s very own University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities." (from here)
3. This includes a list of companies that donate to/support Autism Speaks. At the bottom it has some autistic charities/advocacy organizations.
4. You can check out my #autism speaks tag for more information in general.
YOU FORGOT TO ANON THIS TIME.
Thanks for all the hugs omg…
What do you think of people saying that fans of the movie are racist due to the fact the characters are white?
Of course not. If you were racist simply because you watched or enjoyed a movie that should have been diverse but was not, we’d all be racist. It’s possible to enjoy problematic things!
No, the people who are racist are the people who rabidly defend the movie’s lack of diversity, especially those who insist it’s “not historically accurate” to be diverse.
And while Disney is a racist/racist-leaning company, it’s really hard to avoid all things Disney since they are such a pervasive company and such a huge part of Western life and the current generations’ childhoods. This isn’t like avoiding Chic-Fil-A or the Salvation Army, because there’s a lot more options besides them to give our allegiances to, whereas with Disney, we kind of don’t have a choice BUT to have them in our lives. Additionally, Disney doesn’t intentionally contribute to injustice causes (like, donate to the KKK).
Do you feel particularly passionate about Frozen, whether negative or positive? Hope you don't mind the question, just curious. <3
Not really, but that’s probably because I’m white, so I can afford to be passionless. Though, I should probably be more pissed about how they took a story specifically about girls, for girls, comprised almost entirely of girls, and made it into some mass appeal bullshit with only two damn women.
Hey Dame. Digging your new theme.
You do realise the SJWario post was mocking the ask right? He's totally for body positivity and anti-fat shaming.
Yes…? I wasn’t talking to Wario.
I am an intactivist too, so understand I agree with your overall point. It is important to only use the truth when fighting against circumcision or else it will be used against you. I work in healthcare. For example, half of circumcised babies do not go back to the ER for bleeding. Simply isn't true. It's a totally unnecessary procedure, but it's usually done correctly. Spreading things like this hurts the overall pro-intact message.
Do you know all circumcised babies across the world?
What is “done correctly” when the procedure is already damaging?
 Additionally, looking at the message you’re referring to, I didn’t say that as a fact, I said, I, personally, from my experience in the healthcare field and as an intactivist, have seen about half of babies circumcised go back for bleeding (whether they’re a legitimate bleeding worry is another story, though).
I'm trying to educate my friend about why circumcision is bad. Any advice?
Okay here’s some starter points:
- Infants and children can not be given proper anesthesia. They very much feel every little fucking thing. Most children go into shock from the pain.
- Circumcision removes up to half the penile skin.
- Foreskin is fused to the glans. In a circumcision, it must be forcibly ripped from the glans before being severed, which is like pulling off a fingernail. As someone who has severe anxiety and has literally pulled off her fingernails from it, there’s a lot of fucking blood and pain and infection is a high risk.
- Circumcision started in the US as a means to teach little boys a lesson about touching themselves. It was purposely done to make them hurt and be unable to feel pleasure.
- Circumcised penises feel about 1/3 of what intact penises feel. The most sensitive parts of a penis are either removed or seriously damaged during a circumcision. (The most sensitive part of the penis is NOT the head, but the inner foreskin and frenulum. Even if the head WAS the most sensitive part, over time after a circumcision it is seriously calloused as a result of constant exposure. The easiest comparison is to stroke the back of your hand, then the palm of your hand (if you don’t do a lot of hard labour). It’s not quite the same but it gives you an idea of calloused vs noncalloused body parts.)
- We consider it animal abuse to dock dogs’ tails by putting a tight band around them until they fall off. Yet this is a common circumcision practice - to rap a band around the foreskin (after it has been ripped off the glans, remember) and wait for it to rot and fall off.
- We definitely know circumcision kills around the same amount of babies as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. It actually kills a lot more, but it’s hard to know for sure as the deaths are not listed as being caused by circumcision even though without circumcision they would not have happened (for example, deaths from heart attacks from the pain or infections caused by circumcision do not have it mentioned that circumcision was the cause for the heart attack).
- We circumcise baby boys for the same reasons others circumcise baby girls.
- If you can’t watch a circumcision, then logically it should be considered too goddamn awful to put a child through.
- IT’S HIS GOD DAMNED BODY. THIS IS A COSMETIC ALTERATION DONE FOR LITTLE TO NO REASON.